Skip to main content

Enrollment Procedures and Transfer Requests

Studens ages 5-21, who have not graduated from high school are entitled to attend Hartley school, if they are eligible for enrollment on September 1. To be eligible, a student must reside within the district’s attendance boundaries and provide satisfactory evidence of required immunizations.

All students who are enrolling in the Hartley Independent School District from another school district must provide the following information:

  • Birth Certificate
  • Immunization record
  • Social Security Card, if available
  • Proof of Residency
  • Withdrawal form or last report card from previous school district attended.

Hartley aldo serves students younger than five years old in special needs programs.

Students receiving special education may continue to be enrolled in school until they are 22 years of age on or before September 1 of the current school year.

Students residing outside of Hartley School District may be enrolled with District approval only. The Hartley ISD Transfer Request form will need to be completed and returned to Hartley ISD together with grade reports, STAAR results, attendance record, and disciplinary record from the previous school year. Please be prepared to attend an interview with the SUperintendent. Hartley ISD reserves the right to accept or reject transfer students based on availability and suitability.

Returning transfer students will need to fill out the Hartley ISD Transfer Request – Returning Student form.

Transfer Request forms may be turned in to Hartley ISD by:

mail:   Hartley ISD, PO 408, Hartley, TX 79044

fax:     (806) 365-4459


Enrollment Contacts:

Becky Elliott, Principal’s Secretary

Kurt Koepke, Principal